From March 20, 2020 any refund request by the cash has been rejected by GA during this
Instead, passengers can be refunded in the form of the open ticket or in the form of
Electronic Miscellaneous Document (EMD)
Option 1: Open ticket
Case 1: If your flight has been cancelled by the Airlines and your flight belongs to the GA policy during the Covid 19, you will be allowed to change 1 time (by rescheduling/rerouting) with the new travel period until 31 December 2021.
- Reschedule without any additional charge applies only to the same route and same cabin of flight (regardless the fare class) to dates outside black-out period. (Please email us to receive the list of black-out dates). If the new travel dates fall on black-out period, fare differences and taxes apply.
- Reroute without any additional charge applies to a flight of equal or lesser value.
- Fare and taxes difference apply with waiver on reissue fee.
Apply to change in Point of Origin or Point of Destination or Transit point or Stopover.
Please note that: - No-show fee will be applied if reservation is not cancelled (through rescheduling/rerouting/extend ticket validity or refund) by passenger before departure. - For code-share flights with other airline, rescheduling must be to the same fare-class. For a different fare-class, there will be additional charge
Case 2: If your flight is not part of the GA policy during the Covid 19 period and you would like to cancel, you will be allowed to change 1 time (by rescheduling/rerouting) with the new travel period follow the validity of your original ticket.
- Reissue fee, fare and taxes difference are still applied.
- Reschedule apply to change in Point of Origin or Point of Destination or Transit point or Stopover
Option 2: Electronic Miscellaneous Document (EMD)
- If your flight belongs to the GA policy during the Covid 19 period and is cancelled by the Airline, you will get a refund in the form of EMD voucher with travel validity by 31 December 2021 (Complete Travel)
- If your flight is not part of the GA policy during the Covid 19 period and you would like to cancel, you will get a refund (after deducting cancellation fee according to ticket conditions) in the form of EMD voucher with travel validity within 01 year from the issued EMD date (Complete Travel).
- Full or partially unused amount will be refunded in the form of Electronic Miscellaneous Document (EMD). EMD is non-refundable.
- EMD may be used for new tickets, pre-paid baggage or seat selection.
- EMD value may not be used in one-time transaction. Residual balance will be reissued into another EMD.
*** Conditions for application of GA policy in the Covid 19 period:
- Domestic Flight: Valid for tickets issued on/before 31 May 2020 with travel dates from 24 January 2020 - 30 June 2020
- International Flight: Valid for tickets issued on/before 23 April 2020 with travel dates from 24 January 2020 - 31 July 2020
- Combination flight (International & Domestic) refers to the International Flight condition
Customers who have booked tickets through our website and have flights belong to one of the above cases please contact us:
- Global Support: +84 934 234 1011 from 08 AM - 10 PM (GMT+7 Monday - Friday)
- Customer Service: [email protected]
Dear our passengers,
We would like to announce the requirements and instruction for international and domestic passengers travelling to/from Indonesia in the period of Covid 19 as followings:
Information of the policy can be accessed through Indonesian Immigration website:
https://www.imigrasi.go.id/berita/detail/informasi-terkini-kebijakan-imigrasi-terkait-covid-19 These measures are temporary and shall be evaluated pursuant to further development.
|Route||Cities||Health Certificate with a non-reactive Rapid Test result or negative PCR/Swab Test result*||Health Certificate with a negative PCR/Swab Test result*||Additional Requirements|
|International||Final destination Jakarta / Surabaya||x||For international flight passengers to Indonesia who cannot provide negative PCR/Swab test result, will be allowed to fly and enter Indonesia, however, the passenger must go through a PCR/Swab test & quarantine procedure by the local authority upon arrival in Indonesia.
Information on international passengers arrival health protocol in Jakarta (Soekarno-Hatta International Airport (CGK)) airport can be found here
|Final destination Denpasar||x||Required to fill Bali Health Alert Form that can be accessed here.|
|From Indonesia to Other Countries||Requirements should refer to each destination country's policy and information on the government, embassy, and related authority's website or IATA Travel Center here|
|International with Transit||International to domestic destination EXCEPT for Jakarta, Denpasar, Balikpapan, Samarinda, Berau, Gorontalo, Ambon, Jayapura, Timika, Merauke, Biak||x||Final destination Jakarta, Denpasar, Balikpapan, Samarinda, Berau, Gorontalo, Ambon, Jayapura, Timika, Merauke, Biak follow each destination requirements for domestic flights below
Passengers with flight transiting in Jakarta (Soekarno-Hatta International Airport (CGK)) who cannot provide a negative PCR/Swab test result, will be allowed to fly from the origin country to enter Indonesia. However, upon arrival at CGK airport, the passenger must go through a PCR/Swab test & quarantine procedure by the local authority until a negative PCR result is issued before continuing their journey.
|Domestic to international||x||Additional document requirements should refer to each destination country's policy and information on the government, embassy, and related authority's website or IATA Travel Center here|
Domestic with transit
|To Jakarta||x||Required to enclose a DKI Jakarta Entry/Exit Permit (Surat Izin Keluar Masuk (SIKM) DKI Jakarta) which information can be found here
Passengers with domestic flights transiting in Jakarta are not required to enclose a DKI Jakarta Entry/Exit Permit as long as they stay within Soekarno-Hatta International Airport (CGK) area during transit.
|To Denpasar||x||Required to enclose a Bali Health Alert Form (Formulir Kewaspadaan Kesehatan Provinsi Bali) which can be found here|
|From Manado||x||Only Rapid Test results from one of referred hospitals by the North Sulawesi Provincial Government will be accepted:
• RSUP Prof. DR. R. D Kandou Manado
• RSU Siloam Hospitals Manado
• Laboratorium Klinik Prodia Manado
Indonesian Army/Police Force (TNI/POLRI):
• RS Tk II R.W. Monginsidi
• RS Tk III Bhayangkara Manado
|To Balikpapan / Samarinda / Berau||x||Required to enclose a Gorontalo Entry/Exit Permit (Surat Izin Keluar Masuk Gorontalo) which information can be found here or download Sekitar Kita official app here.|
|To/ from Ambon||x||Required to enclose an Ambon Entry/Exit Permit (Surat Izin Keluar Masuk Ambon) which information can be found here|
|To / from Jayapura||x||To Jayapura
• ID issued outside Papua: only negative PCR/Swab test results are accepted
• ID issued in Papua (KTP/Family Card/Certificate of Domicile/Letter of Employment in Papua) including imminent family members of the worker: enclose the related ID/Letter. Both Rapid test or PCR/Swab test results are accepted
• ID issued outside Papua: must include statement letter of not returning to Papua within 1 year (duty stamped)
|To Timika||x||• ID issued outside Mimika: enclose a Mimika Entry/Exit Permit (Surat Izin Keluar Masuk Mimika) which information can be found by contacting Mimika COVID-19 Task Force (Gugus Tugas COVID-19 Mimika) phone numbers as follows:
- (+62) 0852-3695-7772 (for individuals)
- (+62) 0852-3695-7771 (for organizations/institutions)
• ID issued Mimika (KTP/Family Card/Certificate of Domicile/Letter of Employment in Mimika) including imminent family members of the worker: enclose the related ID/Letter
|To Merauke||x||Enclose a Merauke Entry/Exit Permit (Surat Izin Keluar Masuk Merauke) which information can be found here|
|From Biak||x||Enclose an Allowed to Travel Statement Letter (Surat Keterangan Jalan) from Biak COVID-19 Task Force (Gugus Tugas COVID-19 Biak)|
|Final destination EXCEPT for Jakarta, Denpasar, Balikpapan, Samarinda, Berau, Gorontalo, Ambon, Jayapura, Timika, Merauke, Biak||x|
Health Certificate Validity Period
Based on COVID-19 Handling Acceleration Force letter, the acceptable period of Health Certificates based on COVID-19 test type results are as follows:
Besides the above requirements, upon arrival at the destination airport, passengers are possible to go through additional health checks or to fill other forms/statement letters required by local authorities/local government.
Install PeduliLindungi App
Every passenger is suggested to install the official PeduliLindungi app from the Indonesian government on their phone that can be downloaded on the following links:
Wear Masks Onboard & in Airport Area
Every passenger is required to put on a mask at the airport and during flight. Garuda Indonesia also urges passengers to prepare their own masks as well as own personal hygiene kits according to their individual needs before the flight.
Electronic Health Alert Card
For those of you entering Indonesia and or flying domestic flights within Indonesia are required to fill a Health Alert Card from the Indonesian Ministry of Health. For more convenience & to avoid queueing, we suggest using E-HAC (Electronic Health Alert Card) app for Android smartphone users that can be downloaded here before your journey.
If you don’t have the E-HAC app, Health Alert Card will be given in departure airport or onboard before landing.
Passengers are expected to prepare a copy and original copy of the documents prior to arrival at the departure airport and present it upon check-in.
We are not responsible for any lack or mistake on any of the required documents and has the right to cancel the flight of any passenger that does not meet the requirement.